Wien-filtered Cs+ beam for SIMS: source description

Research output: Contribution to journalArticle

2 Citations (Scopus)

Abstract

A compact cesium ion source with a Wien filter is described. This source has been developed in order to produce a pure beam of cesium ions for positive SIMS analysis. The ions are produced by a surface ionization ion emitter. The initial beam is about 99% pure and the remaining 1% is removed via the Wien filter. An asymmetric einzel lens at the end provides the focusing of the beam on the target. A short description of the source is presented as well as the measured final beam characteristics.
Original languageEnglish
Pages (from-to)291-294
JournalApplied Surface Science
Volume70-1
Issue numberPart 1
DOIs
Publication statusPublished - 1993
Event12th International Vacuum Congress and 8th International Conference on Solid Surfaces (IVC 12/ICSS 8) - The Hague, Netherlands
Duration: 12 Oct 199216 Oct 1992

Keywords

  • Cesium
  • Focusing
  • Ion beams
  • Ion sources
  • Ionization
  • Lenses
  • Surfaces
  • Wave filters

Fingerprint Dive into the research topics of 'Wien-filtered Cs+ beam for SIMS: source description'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

  • Cite this