Peregrinando pelos hospitais da colina de Sant’Ana: Histórias e memórias de conventos, colégios e um mosteiro

Research output: Contribution to journalArticle

Abstract

Em Abril de 1775 começou a funcionar o Hospital Real de São José. Este sucedeu ao Hospital Real de Todos-os-Santos, tendo posteriormente integrado outros edifícios religiosos existentes na colina de Sant’Ana desocupados após 1834.
A maioria destes edifícios, onde santos patronos de confrarias e casas religiosas passaram a designar enfermarias e hospitais, permanecem ainda em funcionamento. Todos eles guardam histórias e memórias que continuam presentes no quotidiano de outros santos que hoje os habitam.

The Saint Joseph Royal Hospital was inaugurated in April 1775, succeeding the All-Saints Royal Hospital. Vacated after 1834, other religious buildings existing on the Sant’Ana hill were later integrated as annexes to that one.
Most of these buildings, where patron saints of confraternities and religious houses came to designate infirmaries and hospitals, are still in operation. All of them keep stories and memories that are still present in the daily lives of other ‘saints’ who inhabit them today.
Original languagePortuguese
Pages (from-to)16-41
Number of pages25
JournalBoletim Da Sociedade De Geografia De Lisboa
Volume138
Issue number1/2
Publication statusPublished - Dec 2022

Cite this